Tuesday 3 May 2016

My Lost Kittens get published

Up till December 2015, I had a phase of writing ghost/horror stories. I even got a few of them published online. One of them is somewhere below (The Belted Man).

After a couple of not very happy incidents, which I won't go into here, I stopped writing and decided to put the few I'd done online. Strangely, this wasn't as easy as I'd thought. One particular site took over 3 months and no reply before I withdrew my submissions. In another case the admin of the site was ill and was unable to read my work. However, when she eventually did she told me that while she liked it, it wasn't suitable for her site and suggested another.

The site she suggested was Drunk Monkeys, who very kindly agreed to publish my short story "Lost Kittens at the Window".

"Kittens" deals with loss and redemption, I suppose and was inspired by some old stories I'd read about infanticide in rural Prussia (makes good bedtime reading). Anyway, here's a link to Drunk Monkeys, if you'd like to check it out... and, of course, the other works included by other authors.

http://www.drunkmonkeys.us/fiction/2016/4/11/short-story-lost-kittens-at-the-window-trev-hill

As for those kind people who suggested the Drunk Monkeys team, their site, which I'd recommend you check out, is Slink Chunk Press: https://slinkchunkpress.com/

Happy Reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment